Week 4 is the first week of the second mesocycle of my Competition Phase I for the 2015 racing season (click here for a detailed description of macrocycles, mesocycles and microcycles). Here are my workouts for the week of March 23-29, 2015 (click here to download my Competition Phase I training plan):
- Monday, March 23 – Steady Spinning: Indoors (1.5 hours)
- Tuesday, March 24 – Active Recovery (1.0 hour)
- Wednesday, March 25 – Time Trial Intervals (1.25 hours)
- Friday, March 27 – Active Recovery (1.0 hour)
- Saturday, March 28 – Steady Spinning: Indoors (1.5 hours)
I had a good week overall but I had to deal with some lingering leg fatigue. I did two 90-minute Steady Spinning rides on the indoor trainer. I attempted a Time Trial Intervals workout on my new TT bike but my legs simply were not there. I did one 8-minute hard effort at an average power of 225 watts and that’s all I had. Hopefully, I had ample opportunity to recover because I have to get back to hard efforts this week. As always, I’ll let you know how it goes. Have a great week!
NEXT POST – Taking a Hiatus From Posting Until Summer!